Preparation time : 20 mins. + Refrigeration time | Serves 6-8 persons
This Grasshopper Pie Recipe is one of a easy dessert recipe which requires almost no cooking. You just need to make filling with hot milk, cream, marshmallows and peppermint essence and them set it onto the chocolate cookie crust. It is the simplest way to prepare it while to make it versatile you can make additional layer of ice cream and garnish with crushed chocolate and nuts.
2 large packs dark chocolate cookies
2 oz butter
1/4 cup white marshmallow
1 ltr milk
1 tbsp unflavored gelatin (soak in 2 tbsp water)
1 cup whipped cream
½ tsp peppermint essence
Few drops of green food color (optional)
1. Process cookies to make crumbs in your food processor. Add butter and give few pulses to mix.
2. Take a 9-inch deep pie dish and spread a layer of this crumb at the base and sides of the dish. Then keep it in fridge for 10-15mins. to set.
3. Heat milk in a pan over low heat, just before boiling add marshmallows and peppermint essence to the milk and stir well to mix. Then remove the pan from heat.
4. Melt soaked gelatin over boiling water and add it to the milk mixture and stir well.
5. When the mixture gets cool to room temperature, add whipped cream and fold it nicely with the mixture.
6. Pour this filling over the cookie crust and keep it in fridge for 3-4 hours or until gets firm.
7. Serve the delicious Grasshopper Pie with topping of whipped cream and some grated chocolate.
photo source : 1