Preparation time : 30 mins. + Refrigeration time | Serves 4 persons
This Italian Cream Custard Recipe is lemon flavored custard prepared with simple ingredients. This cream custard can also be used in making trifle and other frozen desserts. You can make different flavor of Italian custard in the same way by replacing lemon zest with vanilla, orange, etc.
2 cup milk
6 egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 lemon zest
1. Heat half of the milk with lemon zest just below boiling point, then remove the pan from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well combined.
3. Add flour to the egg mixture along with remaining milk and mix well until well blended.
4. Remove the zest from the heated milk and the egg mixture to this milk.
5. Bring the saucepan to heat and cook over low heat until the mixture gets thick like custard. Keep stirring while cooking to avoid sticking the mixture, it would take around 10 mins. to attain the desired consistency.
6. When the custard is ready, transfer it to the serving bowl, cover with cling film and then after 10 mins. place it in fridge to chill before serving.
photo source : 1