This meringue roulade is prepared with strawberry flavor and tastes delicious. In this recipe the meringue is only filled inside while in most of the recipes the whole roulade is also covered with meringue with berries. You can make different flavor of roulade like blueberry, raspberry along with roasted nuts.
6 oz caster sugar
5 oz flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 oz corn flour
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp strawberry essence
Pink color few drops
16 oz fresh cream
2 oz icing sugar
1 cup strawberry (chopped)
1 cup strawberry (whole)
1. Take a large mixing bowl and beat together eggs and caster sugar till become light and fluffy.
2. Add in vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Gradually add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and fold it nicely so that batter would remain fluffy and air would not escape out.
5. Pour the batter into the greased rectangular baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 min at 350 degrees F.
6. Meanwhile prepare meringue for the roulade, for that beat cream with icing sugar till become thick and fluffy.
7. Add in strawberry essence, pink food color and mix well
8. When the sponge is ready take it out from oven, spread some icing sugar on the counter and place the sponge over it. Carefully roll the sponge for just few min, then carefully unroll the sponge, spread chopped strawberries and prepared meringue using spatula. Now roll out the sponge just like swiss roll and then place in fridge to chill.
9. Just before serving sprinkle icing sugar and garnish with remaining strawberries.
photo source : 1