Preparation time : 50 mins. (approx.) | Serves 8-10 persons
This Old Fashioned Banana Pudding Recipe is of a famous dessert prepared with vanilla pudding, banana, wafers and delicious meringue. This recipe is slightly different from our Nilla Banana Pudding in which Nilla Wafers were used.
6 oz sugar
2 oz all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 cup whole milk
4 or 5 ripe bananas (thinly sliced)
1 box vanilla wafers
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
2 oz sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Take another mixing bowl and beat egg yolks with vanilla until they becomes liquefy.
3. Now transfer the beaten egg yolks to a heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat. At the same time add the flour mixture and milk alternately to egg yolks and keep whisking while adding so that mixture becomes smooth.
4. Cook mixture till it starts to boil and begins to thicken, at that point add butter and mix well.
5. When the batter reaches to consistency like pudding, then immediately remove the pan from heat and set aside.
6. Take a suitable deep baking dish, line the bottom of dish with the vanilla wafers, spread banana slices and then pour the prepared pudding over the wafers.
7. Now in a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add cream of tartar and gradually add sugar until stiff peaks form.
8. In the end, fold the vanilla into the beaten egg whites mixture; this is the meringue.
9. Cover the banana pudding dish with the prepared meringue and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 15 mins. or until becomes golden brown from top.
10. Serve this Old Fashion Banana Pudding after refrigerating for 30 mins.
photo source : 1