Preparation time : 30 mins. + 2 hrs. Chill time | Serves 6 persons
This strawberry pie recipe is prepared with simple crust, cream cheese filling and strawberries. The crust of this pie can be prepare in two ways; either make a soft dough and then spread it over the base and sides of the pie dish or make crumbs of flour and butter and press them onto the sides and base of pie dish, in both cases crust would be crispy and soft.
4 oz margarine (softened)
1 cup all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
For Cream Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
12 oz whipped cream (thawed)
1 cup powdered sugar
For Strawberry Filling:
2 cup fresh strawberries
½ cup strawberry sauce
1. Beat butter to make soft and smooth.
2. Add flour and salt to the butter and combine to make soft dough if necessary add milk to make dough. You may also make only crumbs of flour and butter rather than prepare dough but make sure crumbs are soft enough that they can set into the pie dish.
3. Now to make the pie crust, tightly press the crumbs mixture into the pie dish and then bake in preheated oven for 20 mins, at 350 degrees F.
4. To make cream filling beat cream cheese to make smooth.
5. Add sugar and beat again for 2-3 mins more.
6. Then fold whipped cream into the cream mixture and keep in fridge for few mins to set.
7. Now assemble the pie, at first spread some cream filling onto the prepared crust, put sliced strawberries onto the cream, and pour the strawberry sauce over the whole strawberries.
8. In the end garnish with the remaining cream filling (preferably put the cream into the piping bag and then decorate the corners and center of pie).
9. Place the strawberry pie in fridge to chill for 2 hrs. then serve.
photo source : 1