This Cannelloni recipe is taken from Italian cuisine, it looks quite similar to the baked enchiladas but differ totally in taste. It is prepared with a pasta dough in which filled a mince beef mixture. You can also use ready made cannelloni strips to save time and also the stuffing can be of different type depends on your choice.
For Pasta Dough:
2½ cup all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
2 cup ground beef
1 carrot (chopped)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp crushed black pepper
1/3 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
3 tbsp tomato paste
Oil for fry
Salt to taste
2 cup white sauce
1. To make cannelloni pipes flour with eggs and salt and knead them together to make hard dough.
2. Now roll it with rolling pin and cut into 4 inch wide strips.
3. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, then add ground beef and cook till beef would turn into brown.
4. After that add carrot, tomato paste, basil leaves and salt to taste. Cook them together over high heat for 2 mins.
5. Then add eggs to mix and take it out when eggs cook completely.
6. Take a strip and place 2-3 tbsp of prepared filling at one side and start rolling the cannelloni strips from filled side to other. Place the cannelloni rolls in greased baking dish, pour white sauce over the rolls and spread mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min at 375 degrees F till sauce starts bubbling and turn into golden brown in color.
photo source : 1