Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 12 rolls
This spring roll recipe is prepared with prawns stuffing in which jumbo prawns are used. To make this roll more delicious it is better to use small prawns as they have great taste as compare to jumbo prawns and for that you don’t even need to cut them just clean the vein, remove tail and cook. If you don’t like to have prawns in the recipe you can try filling used in making frankie.
200 gm jumbo prawns (cleaned and cut into small pieces)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
4 spring onions (chopped)
1 tbsp soya sauce
Salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp chicken powder
1/2 cup cornflour
1 cup flour
Oil for frying
1. In a frying pan, saute garlic in 1 tbspn of oil on medium heat for a minute.
2. After that add onions and prawns and cook for 2-3 mins. until color of prawn changes to pink.
3. Now add soya sauce, white pepper, salt and chicken powder and gently cook for just 1 minute. After that remove the pan from heat.
4. Now to make the covering of roll, prepare batter of flour, cornflour, egg and pinch of salt with water. the consistency of batter should be medium i.e when drop form spoon, the batter would not stick to the spoon.
5. Now heat very little amount of oil in frying pan and spread it all the base, pour a table spoon of batter into the pan and spread it over the whole circular base so that a thin pancake sheet would form.
6. When all the roll sheets are cooked, take a sheet and put 1-2 tbsp of prepared stuffing in the center, wrap the sides of the sheet so that each side slightly cover the stuffing and then start rolling from one side to other. Use egg white at the corners so that the roll would not open while frying.
7. Heat oil for deep frying and then fry in batches til golden brown in color.
photo source : 1