This Korean Rice Recipe is one of a famous Korean recipe from Far-Eastern cuisine. It is served in variety of ways and is also known as Korean Rice Cakes. This Korean Rice Recipe is prepared in different layers of rice, beef and vegetables. In this recipe it is served with topping of egg, which looks similar to the Kimchi fried rice, an another Korean rice recipe.
1 1/2 cup sushi rice
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp chili garlic paste
1 zucchini (julienne)
2 cups Shiite mushroom caps (thinly sliced)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 lb ground beef
4 large egg
1. Boil water in a sauce pan, add rice, cover and cook over medium low heat until become soft. It would take 20 min. After that uncover the pan to remove steam from the rice.
2. Meanwhile prepare sauce in a small mixing bowl, combine together vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce.
3. In a greased non stick pan add vegetables and 3 tablespoons of water and cook over medium-high heat for 4 min til become slightly tender.
5. Remove veggies from pan and cook ground beef in the same skillet for 5-8 min over high heat till all the water released from beef would get dry.
6. Then add sauce mixture and cook for 2 min.
7. In other greased skillet, fry eggs one by one (don’t shake yolk and white) over heat over medium heat and then carefully flip its side and cook for just a min then slide it to the platter.
8. Distribute rice in 4 bowls equally and press it tightly, top with 1/2 cup meat mixture and 1/3 cup
vegetables into each bowl and in the end spread fried egg over each bowl.
photo source : 1