talat | Jan 8, 2015 | 0
7 Layer Salad Recipe
Preparation time: 30mins | Serves 10 persons
Salads recipes are very easy to make and ingredients for most of the recipes of salads remain same.They differ only in presentation , dip or flavor used . Presentation of salad matters the most since it attracts more people to eat the healthy food specially those who are not fond of vegetables. The 7 in this recipe name is not a recipe number instead it is the number of layers in this salad i.e seven layers. This 7 layer salad is also one of those vegetarian salads in which main ingredients are fresh vegetables; but the vegetable salad presentation and the use of little dip sauce makes it different from other recipes of salads. Also have a look at the book Salad Dressings 101 for making different salads recipes.
2-3 bunch of salad leaves (or as required)
Carrots chopped (as required)
Peas (as required) (optional)
Egg noodles (1 pack)
Sweet corns (as required)
4 Hard boiled eggs (make its slices)
Capsicum chopped (as required)
Spring onions (as required)
1 jar Mayonnaise (as required)
3 tbspn yogurt
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Lemon juice as required
1 tbspn sugar
Shredded cheddar cheese (as required)(optional)
1 cup shredded boil chicken
7 Steps Procedure:
1. In a large deep bowl, place salad leaves on the whole base and sprinkle lemon juice, salt and pepper on it, then place egg slices on the sides of the bowl.
2. Now make layer of carrots till the edges of egg and sprinkle again lemon juice, salt and pepper and place egg slices on the walls of bowl. Similarly make layer of peas with lemon juice, salt pepper and egg.
3. Mix capsicum and spring onion and make its layer. Boil egg noodles and fry them to make crispy. Make next layer of fried egg noodles.
4. Make last vegetable layer of salad leaves again.
5. Now make a smooth paste of mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, pepper, sugar, boil chicken and cheddar cheese.
6. Cover the whole salad with the above mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle some vegetables on it.
7. Put the salad bowl in fridge for at least 10 hrs to chill.
Note : Using a mandolin slicer will save you lot of time for other work as it slices, dices, shreds and make cubes of vegetables and fruits in very little time.