This Hot German Potato Salad is prepared with chicken instead of bacon hence has some different taste. This salad is another addition to our healthy food recipes collection as it is a complete meal having all the essential nutrients like carbohydrates and proteins.
9 potatoes (peeled)
1 lb boneless chicken (cut into thin strips)
¾ cup chopped onions
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp salt
½ tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
¾ cup water
1/3 cup white vinegar
1. Boil water in a large sauce pan then add potatoes and cook until become tender and firm. Then cut into thin slices or cubes.
2. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet and sauté chicken in it over medium heat until become brown.
3. Saute onion with the chicken for just 3-4 min.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper.
5. Add this mixture to the chicken onion mixture and cook till the mixture starts bubbling.
6. Add water and vinegar and cook again till boiling.
7. Remove the pan from heat and fold the batter with the boiled potatoes. Healthy hot German Potato Salad is ready to serve.
photo source : 1