Preparation time : 30 mins. + Marinating time | Serves 8 sandwiches
This Steak Sandwich Recipe is prepared with some pizza flavor therefore, it can be called as Pizza Steak Sandwich. In this recipe pizza dough is used to make the flat bread for sandwich in which steak, vegetables, sauce and cheese are stuffed. You may also use hamburger buns for making this sandwich.
2 lb tenderloin steaks (cut into ½” fillets)
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
½ tsp salt or to taste
¼ cup oil
4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp yeast
Lukewarm water as required
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 large green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
2-3 mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium tomato (sliced)
Mozzarella cheese as required
Pizza sauce as required
1. Marinate beef steaks with the ingredients mentioned for making steak and leave it for 3-4 hrs. It would be better if you leave it for overnight so that all flavors could absorb well inside the steak.
2. To prepare dough for the bread follow the instructions mentioned in the pizza dough recipe.
3. Now heat the grill pan with oil and grill the marinated beef steaks for about 5-8 mins. each side until become nicely brown from outside and tender from inside.
4. After that on the same grill pan stir vegetables except tomato for about 2-3 mins. just to coat with the beef flavor.
5. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll out each piece to make it flat around ¼” thick in size.
6. Take a skillet or grill pan and cook each of the rolled dough over medium-low heat for 1-2 mins. each side.
7. Now to assemble the sandwich, spread 2 tbsp of pizza sauce at half portion of bread, place a piece of beef steak on it, put some vegetables and 2-3 tomato slices over the steak and in the end spread some mozzarella cheese on top. Cover the top with remaining half side of bread and put in microwave for just 1 min. at high.
8. Serve the yummy pizza steak sandwich with ketchup or simply as it is.
p style=”font-size: 80%; text-align: right;”>photo source : 1