Preparation time : 20 mins
If you do BBQ cooking at home frequently then you may need a Bbq Sauce to spice up your meal. BBQ sauce is not very spicy as compared to other hot sauces but can be made spicy according to taste. It is used in cooking many foods like pizza and in various roll recipes. This one is sweet and a little spicy as well.
4 tomato medium size (cut in cubes)
2 tbspn tomato ketchup
2 tbspn vinegar
2tbspn brown sugar
2 tbspn hot sauce
1 tbspn oil
|Back to Basics 220 Food Strainer & Sauce Maker|
|Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making (Hardcover)|
|Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue SR8009 Sauce Mop and Bucket Set|
|Open Pit BBQ 12 count /18 oz|
1. Heat oil in a pan, add tomato pieces in it and let it cook till tomato become soft.
2. After that add tomato ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and hot sauce in it and mix well.
3. Cook the sauce till all the water of tomato has been dried and sauce starts to become denser.
4. Remove the pan from the stove and let it cool at room temperature.
5. In a blender, blend the prepared sauce so that all the tomato pieces with skin blend in the sauce.
6. If you want to make sauce smoother, then drain the sauce using squeezer or drainer.
BBQ sauce is served with different items like bbq pizza, chicken wings and fried chicken.