Preparation time : 30 mins. + Dough resting time | Serves over 2 dozen Malasadas doughnuts
This Malasadas Recipe is also known as Hawaiian Doughnuts. These doughnuts are prepared by frying method. The dough of these doughnuts is prepared with rich ingredients including eggs, evaporated milk, margarine and sugar. These are best to serve with tea or in breakfast.
1½ tbsp active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
¼ cup warm water
6 cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup margarine (melted)
1 cup evaporated milk
Vegetable oil for frying
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Dissolve yeast, sugar and warm water in a cup and set aside for 5 mins. until foam appears on top. It shows your yeast is active.
2. In a stand mixer bowl, beat eggs until become foamy.
3. Then add flour, sugar, margarine, milk and salt along with yeast mixture and star mixing until soft and smooth dough would form. If necessary, add water just to make the dough smooth and soft.
4. After that cover the dough and let it rise for 1-2 hrs. at warm place.
5. Then punch the dough down, and make small balls of lemon size. Place the balls on a greased tray, cover and leave till the balls rise to double in size.
6. Heat oil for frying in a wok, add the dough balls into the oil and fry over medium heat until become brown. Stir continuously while frying to give even brown color.
7. When the doughnuts are ready, toss them with the confectioner’s sugar and serve
photo source : 1