Potatoes are very rich in starch and carbohydrates.The main reason behind its popularity is that it is cooked in variety of ways for example the chips (french fires) we eat at various fast food restaurants are made from it. It is also used in different meat curry and fried rice to give extra flavor. Potato curry is very common in the South Asia. It has awesome taste and is little bit spicy yet very easy to cook.
2-medium size onion
2-medium size tomato
1 tbspn red chili powder
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn cumin powder
1 tbspn dry fenugreek (methi) leaves (crushed)
Salt to taste
4 tbspn vegetale oil
|Best Potato Recipes (Paperback)|
|Back To Basics Apple and Potato Peeler|
|Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2-1/2-Quart Shallow Saucepan with Lid|
|All-Clad Stainless 6-Quart Saute Pot With Lid|
2. Peel and cut onions into thin slices or julienne.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion in it and sauté till it become light brown.
4. Add tomato red, chili powder and salt in it and fry it for 2-3 minutes till tomato become tender.
5. Add potato in it and sauté for few minutes (5 minutes) till onion and tomato dissolve to form curry.
6. Add 1 cup water in it and cover it so that potato boil completely and become soft
7. Add dry fenugreek, black pepper and cumin powder and sauté till oil starts to separate from the gravy.