Preparation time : 35 min. | Serves 6 persons
This recipe for tomato pie is prepared with tomatoes, onion and yummy cheesy mixture prepared with mozzarella, cheddar and mayonnaise. Topping of oregano and basil gives the aroma of this pie just like a pizza.
1 cup grated mozzarella
9-inch prebaked deep dish pie shell
½ cup green onion (chopped)
10 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
4 tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
1 cup grated cheddar
1 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of dry oregano
Pinch of dry basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain all the excess water from tomatoes by putting it on strainer.
3. In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Now to make tomato pie place a layer of sliced tomatoes over the pie shell, spread chopped onion and mayonnaise mixture and in the end sprinkle oregano and basil on top.
5. Bake for just 30 min until become golden brown form top.
6. Serve the hot cheesy tomato pie with garlic bread.
photo source : 1