Preparation time : 35 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Pasta Alla Norma Recipe is one of famous Italian style pasta prepared with eggplant and tomato sauce. To prepare this recipe, first eggplants are fried and then particular tomato sauce is prepared which makes the actual flavor of this pasta.
½ cup cooking oil
Salt and pepper To taste
1 cup eggplant (cubed and coat with salt)
1 lb tomato paste
¼ cup onion (chopped)
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
2-3 dried red chilies
1 cup tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
2½ cup pasta
1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
¼ cup ricotta cheese (grated)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and cook eggplant slices in it until become golden brown from both sides. 2. 2. When the eggplant slices are ready, transfer to paper towel and drain excess oil.
3. To prepare tomato sauce, heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add onion and bay leaves and stir until onion becomes soft.
4. Add tomato paste and cook over medium heat until sauce reduces to one-third. Adjust seasoning of salt and pepper to taste.
5. In another frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry garlic and chilies in it until become golden in color.
6. Add tomatoes and simmer for 2-4 mins. until tomatoes becomes soft.
7. Then add prepared tomato sauce, oregano and seasoning of salt and pepper to the garlic and cook for 3-5 mins. until all flavors incorporate well with each other.
8. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
9. Now combine all the prepared ingredients including; tomato sauce, pasta, fried eggplants, and toss them well in a mixing bowl.
10. Serve the Pasta Alla Norma with topping of fresh parsley and grated ricotta cheese.
photo source : 1