Preparation time : 30 mins.
These homemade Bagel Chips are made with garlic and Italian herb flavors. The taste closely matches with the supreme garlic bread but the bagel chips are crispier. They are good to serve with creamy pasta dishes or creamy salad.
2-3 day old bagels as required
4 oz margarine or butter
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Slice bagels into thin slices of around 3 mm thickness or you can make 3-4 slices from one bagel.
2. To prepare topping, whisk together margarine, garlic, Italian seasoning and seasoning of salt and pepper and mix them well.
3. Using brush, apply the garlic mixture on top of each bagel slice.
4. Take a greased baking tray and place these bagel slices, spread some grated parmesan cheese on top of each bagel slice.
5. Bake in Preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 15 – 20 mins. until become light brown from top.
6. When the bagel chips are done, take them out from oven and let them cool on wire rack, they will become crispier as they cool.
7. Serve the crispy garlic and herb flavored homemade bagel chips with your favorite dip.
photo source : 1