Preparation time: 45 mins. + 30 mins. Marinating time | Serves 12 wings
This Baked BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe is prepared in three steps; first chicken wings are marinated, then bake, and then coat with specially prepared bbq sauce. This recipe of wings is best for those who don’t want to eat fried wings like buffalo wings or crispy chicken wings.
2 lb chicken wings with skin
1 tsp salt
2 tsp crushed black pepper
1tbs garlic paste
2 oz butter
4 tbsp brown sugar
4tbsp bbq sauce
4 tbsp ketchup
½ tsp paprika powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp crushed black pepper
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp crushed red chili
Salt to taste
1 tsp mustard paste
1 tbsp chili sauce
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds for garnishing
1. Marinate chicken with salt, crushed black pepper, and garlic paste and rub well using your hands so that flavors absorb well inside. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 30 mins.
2. Take a rectangular baking sheet, cover it with aluminum foil, and then grease it with 1 tbsp of oil.
3. Place marinated chicken wings on the greased foil and then bake at 350 degrees F for 15 mins. then take out the baking pan and turn the sides of the wings so that they can cook evenly from both sides. Drain the excess liquid from the baking sheet and reserve it for making sauce. Bake them for a further 15 mins. or until they cook well from inside.
4. Now, melt butter in a saucepan and then add all the ingredients of the sauce including the reserved chicken liquid.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 mins. or until all the flavors combine well and the sauce becomes thick.
6. When the wings become golden brown, take them out from the oven and transfer them to the pan filled with sauce.
7. Immediately fold the wings with the sauce so that every wing is evenly coated with the sauce. Just mix for 2 mins. and make sure that the flame is low.
8. After that, serve the hot BBQ chicken wings with the topping of some toasted sesame seeds or spring onions.