Preparation time : 80 mins. + Marinating time | Serves 6 persons
This Brine Chicken recipe is a complete dish itself which is not required to cook with other ingredients. It is actually a brine roasted chicken with aroma of different herbs. It can be used as stuffing for sandwiches and as a salad ingredient.
1 large whole chicken
½ cup sugar
¼ cup salt
2 bay leaf
3 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp thyme
1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
8 cloves garlic
6 lime slices
4 oz butter
1. Take a deep heavy pan, put chicken along with all the ingredients except garlic and lime slices.
2. Add enough water to the pan so that chicken sink completely in it. Cover and leave it for 4-6 hours.
3. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Inside the stomach cavity insert garlic cloves and lime slices and tie the legs.
4. Now take out the chicken from the marinade water and put it into the baking tray or dish.
5. Brush the chicken with half of the butter from every side and then bake in preheated oven for about 15 mins. When skin turns into brown color, cover the pan with foil and then bake again for 40 mins. or until it is done.
6. After that remove the foil sheet, brush the chicken again with remaining butter and then turn on the upper burner or grilling burner to further bake the chicken until become light golden crisp from outside.
6. Serve the hot brine chicken with stir fried vegetables or grilled vegetables. You may also use the leftover chicken marinade to prepare some sauce as topping for the chicken.
photo source : 1