Preparation time: 60-70 mins. | Serves 2 regular pizza
This Sicilian Pizza Recipe is prepared with chicken and many vegetables. This flavor of pizza has usually a hot taste, but you can adjust it according to your taste. In this recipe, chicken is marinated in the Sicilian sauce which enhances the flavor of the pizza.
1 lb boneless chicken (cubed)
¼ cup Sicilian sauce
1 tsp garlic (minced)
4 tbsp oil
For Sicilian Sauce:
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 cups tomato puree
¼ cup ketchup
Salt to taste
1 tsp oregano powder
1 tsp black pepper
1-2 tsp red chili flakes
2 medium pizza crust
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 medium green capsicum (thinly sliced)
1 large onion (cut into thick slices)
2-4 jalapenos or to taste (sliced)
½ cup mushrooms (slices)
Sicilian sauce as required
1. To prepare Sicilian sauce, heat oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic in it for just 1-2 mins. Don’t turn it brown.
2. Now add tomato puree and cook for 3-5 mins. until the sauce gets slightly thick.
3. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook for just 2-3 mins. more than remove the pan from heat. The Sicilian sauce is now ready.
4. Marinate chicken cubes with ¼ cup of Sicilian sauce and garlic and let stand for 15 mins.
5. After that heating oil in a skillet and cook marinated chicken in it for 10-15 mins. until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
6. Now to assemble the pizza, take a pizza crust, spread 1-2 tbsp Sicilian sauce over it, then add half of the prepared chicken, add half the quantity of vegetables, and in the end top with half a cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and drop few tbsp of Sicilian sauce on top.
7. Similarly assemble another pizza with the remaining ingredients.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F, for 15 mins. or until become golden brown from the top and the sides become crisp.
9. Serve the hot Sicilian pizza with your favorite sauce.