Preparation time : 15 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Mushroom Rice Recipe is one of a modified form of vegetable fried rice. In this rice recipe, mushroom flavor dominates, hence why it is called so. You may also add cooked chicken with some additional flavors like Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce and crushed red pepper.
2 cup long grain rice (cooked)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
½ cup capsicum (red, green yellow) (thinly sliced)
1 cup mushrooms
½ cup cabbage (finely chopped)
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 cup spring onion (greens and whites separated)
2-3 tbsp soya sauce
½ tsp brown sugar
3-4 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. In a deep frying pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and spring onion whites in it for just 1-2 mins.
2. Add capsicum, cabbage and mushrooms along with salt, pepper and brown sugar and mix well over high heat for 3-5 mins.
3. Now add soya sauce and cooked rice, and toss them well to mix evenly.
4. In the end, cover the lid and simmer for just 2 mins. over low heat so that all the flavors combine well.
5. Serve the hot mushroom fried rice with topping of green spring onions.
photo source : 1